Update: This search was completed and the new CDO, Rebecca Kolis, was placed in April 2016. Click here to learn more about supporting BSM!
On behalf of our client, Benilde-St. Margaret’s, CohenTaylor Executive Search Services is conducting a retained search for Chief Development Officer.
Click here for a full position profile: Position Profile – BSM – Chief Development Officer
Benilde St. Margaret’s is a premier, recognized leader in Catholic college preparatory education. Through a challenging curriculum and a uniquely caring experience that includes faith formation, academic rigor, social responsibility and extensive extracurricular activities, BSM prepares students to make a difference in an ever-increasingly interconnected world. BSM provides an environment that enables students to acquire the skills and habits needed for lives that are balanced ethically, spiritually and physically. More information about BSM can be on their website at bsmschool.org.
BSM Fast Facts:
- BSM is a Catholic co-ed college preparatory school for grades 7-12
- Founded in 1974 with the merger of St. Margaret’s Academy (founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1907) and Benilde High School (founded by the Christian Brothers in 1956)
- Located in St. Louis Park, MN on a 29 acre campus with a building size of 199,428 square feet
- Total enrollment of 1172
- 52% male, 48% female
- 18% students of color
- 33 Twin Cities school districts represented
- 18% of receive financial aid, totaling nearly $1.4 million (avg award $6, 345)
- Diversity in faith traditions exist; 72% self-identify as Catholic
- 96% move to post-secondary education
- 94% participate in clubs and activities
- BSM offers 29 varsity sports and over 35 extracurricular activities
- 140 Employees
- Student-to faculty ratio of 11:1
Benilde-St, Margaret’s School, located in St. Louis Park, MN, seeks a Chief Development Officer (CDO). The CDO is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive Development plan to support all aspects of philanthropic giving and to create a best in class Development team. Reporting directly to and working closely with the President, they will have full responsibility for donor engagement, fundraising, stewardship and management of the day-to-day functions of the Development team.
Responsibilities to BSM as a Catholic School: Except in the teaching of religion, it is not an essential prerequisite that all employees be Catholic. However, all employees are expected to respect the teaching of the Church. As a leader, ensure that all areas of responsibility are operated consistent with the Catholic mission of the school.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will be a seasoned professional with extensive experience in academic or nonprofit development/advancement work. Must have a proven track record of success in a professional environment, with 5+ years of experience and success in leading an effective development team. Must have a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will remain confidential.