Bethel University- Program Director, Doctorate of Physical Therapy
Bethel University seeks an innovative, experienced leader to serve as the founding Program Director of Bethel’s new Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. The Program Director will lead the design, development, launch and growth of a successful, high-quality Doctorate in Physical Therapy program. The Program Director must be knowledgeable about and responsible for program organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous review and analysis, planning, development, and participation in the accreditation process.
The Program Director will have responsibilities to:
- Oversee and facilitate curriculum development.
- Manage the lengthy accreditation process to ensure the program can launch as planned. Participate in yearly accreditation requirements.
- Identify, recruit, and assist in the hiring of potential candidates for program faculty.
- Upon program launch, supervise and evaluate fulltime and part-time faculty.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this new role is a strategic, visionary and creative individual who possesses strong personal and professional integrity. Candidates will have the orientation of a builder and bring keen analytical skills, strong attention to detail, an ability to foster collaboration, and an unwavering commitment to the University’s mission and a strong Christian faith commitment
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Bring an understanding of and/or experience with building a new degree program.
- Familiarity with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and its processes, or experience with an accreditation process.
- Possess strong team building skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to make positive contribution to the development of a culturally diverse and interculturally competent teaching and learning community.
- Be a storyteller that can become the eyes, ears, and voice of Bethel University as it builds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy program.
- Provide management that reflects strong organization skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Work both independently and collaboratively.
- Bring an appreciation for Bethel’s mission.
- Be knowledgeable in adult learning theory and practice.
- Demonstrate collegiality,
- Demonstrate superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Possess a clear understanding and active commitment and educational mission and evangelical Christian vision and mission of the university.